At Bill Fick Ford, we are looking forward to the day this all-new Ford Explorer — that made global debut recently at the Los Angeles Auto Show — rolls into our Huntsville, TX showroom. The SUV will feature more smart technology than eve and boast an available 2.3-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder engine and all-new Platinum series.
The 2016 Ford Explorer has innovative new features to make parking easier, speed up charging time on your favorite smart devices, boosted aerodynamics and then there is the sound system that gives every adventure an even better soundtrack.
According to Car and Driver magazine, “The standard rear view and optional front cameras deliver 180-degree views, and both come with a feature Ford says has never before been on any production vehicle: a lens washer. Anyone who’s had to thumb-smudge road salt or highway grime off of a backup camera—or tapped a parking-garage wall after neglecting to do so—will rejoice at this feature. It’s a wonder the likes of Mercedes-Benz and Audi haven’t already implemented such a feature.” Nope, leave it to Ford to be “Fordward” again in innovations.
The family friendly vehicle packs more power with the new 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine delivers more HP and torque than the four-cylinder it replaces, with no compromise in fuel economy anticipated; for the first time on the Explorer, four-cylinder EcoBoost can now be paired with an available tow package and intelligent four-wheel drive with Terrain Management System™
Hard to believe or maybe it’s not considering the popularity of the SUV, more than 7 million Explorers have been sold in the United States. That makes this amazing Ford America’s best-selling SUV for 25 years!
Five trim levels are available, including:
- Base: 3.5-liter V6 engine with six-speed SelectShift Automatic, LED low-beam headlamps, LED tail lamps, 18-inch aluminum wheels in sparkle silver paint and rearview camera with washer
- XLT: 3.5-liter V6 engine with six-speed SelectShift Automatic, heavy-duty front and rear brake calipers, fog lamps, LED signature lighting, 18-inch five-spoke aluminum wheels with sparkle silver paint, leather-wrapped steering wheel and reverse sensing system
- Limited: 3.5-liter V6 engine with six-speed SelectShift Automatic, premium 20-inch aluminum painted wheels, ambient lighting, cargo net, heated steering wheel, multi-piece satin chrome with Rosewood film accent appliqués, perforated leather-trimmed seats, heated and cooled front row seats, 12-speaker Sony Audio System, front and rear 180-degree camera with washers, and hands-free liftgate
- Explorer Sport: 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, intelligent four-wheel drive with Terrain Management System, sport-tuned suspension, trailer tow package, Explorer badge on hood, fascia-integrated dual exhaust tips, 20-inch wheels, perforated leather-trimmed seats with red accent stitching, multi-piece satin chrome with carbon fiber interior appearance inserts and 12-speaker Sony Audio System
- Platinum: 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, intelligent four-wheel drive with Terrain Management System, dual-panel moonroof, satin chrome lower bodyside cladding insert, satin chrome mirror caps, 20-inch wheels, adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support, real wood accents and unique stitching on steering wheel, 500-watt Sony Audio System, leather-wrapped door and console armrests, leather-wrapped instrument panel and upper door trim, Nirvana leather seats, all-digital instrument cluster, enhanced active park assist with park-out assist and perpendicular park, and lane-keeping system
Watch for the 2016 Ford Explorer coming to our Ford dealership in 2015. Shop the rest of our selection online anytime at www.BillFickFord.com.